Healthier Child Care Environments Toolkit
Cultivating a culture of wellness in child care homes and centers promotes the physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing of children and child care providers!
Nutrition Best Practices
- Beverages - (English)
- Breastfeeding Education - (English)
- Breastfeeding Support - (English)
- Breastfeeding Support Policy - (English)
- Feeding Practices - (English)
- Foods Offered Outside of Regular Meals and Snacks - (English)
- Fruits and Vegetables - (English)
- Meats, Fats and Grains - (English)
- Menus and Variety - (English)
- Nutrition Education - (English)
- Nutrition Policy - (English)
- Support for Healthy Eating - (English)
Physical Activity Best Practices
- Active Play and Inactive Time - (English)
- Physical Activity Education - (English)
- Physical Activity Policy - (English)
- Play Environment - (English)
- Screen Time Education - (English)
- Screen Time Policy - (English)
- Screen Time Provider Behaviors - (English)
- Screen Time Use - (English)
- Support for Physical Activity - (English)
Thank you to MSU Extension and Michigan Team Nutrition for compiling these useful child care resources.
Questions About the CACFP Meal Pattern Changes?
Do you have questions or concerns regarding the CACFP Meal Pattern Changes? We are happy to help! Send us an email with your comments.
Questions About Nutrition?
Do you have a nutrition-related question, suggestion or feedback? Send us an email and one of ACD's Registered Dietitians would love to help you!
Amanda Gallaher Wins Award!
Congratulations to Amanda Gallaher, ACD's own Registered Dietitian, in being awarded the "Recognized Young Dietitian of the Year 2017" by the Michigan Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics. Way to go, Amanda! ACD is so proud of you!