Online Training at Home / Entrenamiento online sin salir de casa
Online Training Opportunities
The Association for Child Development (ACD) strives to offer valuable and easy-to-use training opportunities for child care providers who participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
Current Online Training Opportunities for ACD Providers include the following:
Entrenamiento online sin salir de casa
ACD se esfuerza por ofrecer oportunidades de entrenamiento valiosas y fáciles de usar al proveedor que participa en el Programa de Asistencia Alimenticia para Niños y Adultos (CACFP, por sus siglas en inglés) con ACD.
Estas son algunas oportunidades de entrenamiento online para el proveedor de ACD:
Webinars are live, online trainings. ACD webinars are interactive and give participants the opportunity to gain knowledge, discuss various topics pertaining to child care, ask questions, and earn FREE training credits.
Los webinarios son entrenamiento online en vivo. Los webinarios de ACD son interactivos y dan al participante la oportunidad de aumentar sus conocimientos, hablar de distintos temas relacionados con el cuidado de niños, hacer preguntas y recibir GRATIS créditos de entrenamiento.
SERVING CEREAL IN THE CHILD AND ADULT CARE FOOD PROGRAM (CACFP)
Join us for a training refresher on the requirements for serving breakfast cereal in the CACFP. We will review the new minimum serving sizes that will take effect October 1, 2019 as well as the sugar limits and determining if a cereal is whole grain-rich. There will be plenty of examples and visual aids to help providers understand these requirements.
• This webinar will be presented live two times:
Thursday, September 12, 2019 and Wednesday, September 18, 2019
Both sessions will take place at 6:30-7:30 p.m. CST/7:30-8:30 p.m. EST
September 12th session REGISTER HERE
September 18th session REGISTER HERE
• Presented by Melanie Wong, MA, RDN; Registered Dietitian for the Association for Child Development
• All attendees are eligible to receive a training credit for attending either session of the webinar. Only one training certificate will be issued per person. ACD Webinars are FREE and open to the public.
Child Care Training/Entrenamiento
Online Training - Any State
• Institute of Child Nutrition E-Learning - Certificate provided, FREE - The Institute of Child Nutrition offers more than 20 hours of on-demand E-learning opportunities on child care nutrition, meal planning, and food safety. Check with your state to see if these webinars are accepted by child care licensing for continuing education.
• Better Kid Kare On Demand Distance Education - Clock Hours, $5.00 per class (typically two credit hours) - Better Kid Care's On Demand Distance Education system provides professional development online anytime you are ready to learn! These trainings are accepted by child care licensing in all 50 states.
• Early Childhood Investigations Webinars - Certificate provided, FREE - Early Childhood Investigations is an ongoing series of webinars for early childhood educators. Check with your state to see if these webinars are accepted by child care licensing for continuing education. These webinars are FREE!
• KidKare Webinars - Certificate provided, FREE - Learn about the online claiming program, KidKare. Check with your state licensing consultant to see if these webinars are accepted by child care licensing for continuing education. These webinars are FREE!
• Child Care Training To Go - $10.00 per two-credit class - Earn training credits on your computer by using the code ACD. Courses available to anyone.
$10 por cada clase de 2 créditos - Puedes recibir créditos de entrenamiento en tu computadora usando nuestro cúdigo de identificaciún de agencia: ACD. Cualquier persona puede tomar estos cursos.
Online Training - Illinois ONLY
Note: These in-person and online training opportunities are only available in Illinois.
• Illinois Child Care Training (Gateways) - Illinois Clock Hours, Prices vary - Find in-person and distance courses in the state of Illinois from Gateways to Opportunity.
• Illinois State Board of Education CACFP Training - Illinois Clock Hours, FREE! Check out these in-person courses on cooking and nutrition.
Online Training - Michigan ONLY
Note: These in-person and online training opportunities are only available in Michigan.
• Michigan Child Care Training - Michigan Clock Hours, Prices vary - Find in-person and distance courses in the state of Michigan from Great Start to Quality.
• Michigan Child Care Matters - Michigan Clock Hours, FREE - Michigan Child Care Matters shares topical information regarding young children who are cared for in licensed child care settings. Michigan child care providers can receive one clock hour for reading three issues and receiving at least 80% on the tests.
• MSU Extension Rest Time Refreshers - Michigan Clock Hours, $5.00 per webinar - Are you a caregiver looking for training hours but don't have time to go to evening courses? Join Michigan State University (MSU) Extension's Rest Time Refreshers or Evening Energizers for a quick hour of training during nap time or after pick-up!
You Can Submit Claims Online!
Providers - Stop paying postage for mailing in your menus! Decrease your claim errors! Submit your menus at the click of a mouse by using the FREE online claiming program, WebKids, in partnership with Minute Menu Systems. You can record your meals, enroll children, pre-plan your menus, and manage your Provider calendar, and much more as an ACD Provider. Click below to sign up and begin claiming online today!
Questions About Nutrition or CACFP Meal Pattern Changes?
Do you have questions or concerns regarding the CACFP Meal Pattern Changes? Do you have nutrition related questions, suggestions, or feedback? We are happy to help! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org