Online Training at Home / Entrenamiento online sin salir de casa
Online Training Opportunities
The Association for Child Development (ACD) strives to offer valuable and easy-to-use training opportunities for child care providers who participate in the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
Current Online Training Opportunities for ACD Providers include the following:
Entrenamiento online sin salir de casa
ACD se esfuerza por ofrecer oportunidades de entrenamiento valiosas y fáciles de usar al proveedor que participa en el Programa de Asistencia Alimenticia para Niños y Adultos (CACFP, por sus siglas en inglés) con ACD.
Estas son algunas oportunidades de entrenamiento online para el proveedor de ACD:
Webinars are live, online trainings. ACD webinars are interactive and give participants the opportunity to gain knowledge, discuss various topics pertaining to child care, ask questions, and earn FREE training credits.
Los webinarios son entrenamiento online en vivo. Los webinarios de ACD son interactivos y dan al participante la oportunidad de aumentar sus conocimientos, hablar de distintos temas relacionados con el cuidado de niños, hacer preguntas y recibir GRATIS créditos de entrenamiento.
Whole Grains: What You Need to Know
Join this interactive webinar to learn about whole grains. Participants will practice identifying whole grain-rich foods, building menus with whole grains, and exploring strategies to introduce more whole grain foods to children in child care programs.
Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 6:30-7:30 PM CST or 7:30-8:30 PM EST: REGISTER HERE
• Presented by Amanda Gallaher, ACD Registered Dietitian
• Free and open to the public
Teaching Kids Mindful Eating (1 credit) - In partnership with MSU Extension
Autopilot is the way we typically respond. Our brain is wired to go down the same pathways we have used before, to have the same thoughts and feelings, to behave the same way we have before. Mindfulness offers a way out of this trap and mindful eating can greatly improve our health and our relationship with food. During this workshop we will learn benefits of eating with mindful awareness; increase awareness in portion sizes for children; learn about competent eating and experience paying mindful attention to eating. Everyone participating will need to have either one raisin or one piece of chocolate to take part in the mindful eating guided experience.
Tuesday, March 20, 2018 at 6:30-7:30pm CST / 7:30-8:30pm EST: REGISTER HERE
• Presented by Holly B. Tiret, MSU Extension Educator
• Hosted by Amanda Gallaher, ACD Registered Dietitian
• Free and open to the public
Child Care Training/Entrenamiento
Online Training - Any State
• Better Kid Kare On Demand Distance Education - Clock Hours, $5.00 per class (typically two credit hours) - Better Kid Care's On Demand Distance Education system provides professional development online anytime you are ready to learn! These trainings are accepted by child care licensing in all 50 states.
• Early Childhood Investigations Webinars - Certificate provided, FREE - Early Childhood Investigations is an ongoing series of webinars for early childhood educators. Check with your state to see if these webinars are accepted by child care licensing for continuing education. These webinars are FREE!
• KidKare Webinars - Certificate provided, FREE - Learn about the online claiming program, KidKare. Check with your state licensing consultant to see if these webinars are accepted by child care licensing for continuing education. These webinars are FREE!
• Child Care Training To Go - $10.00 per two-credit class - Earn training credits on your computer by using the code ACD. Courses available to anyone.
$10 por cada clase de 2 créditos - Puedes recibir créditos de entrenamiento en tu computadora usando nuestro cúdigo de identificaciún de agencia: ACD. Cualquier persona puede tomar estos cursos.
Online Training - Illinois ONLY
Note: These in-person and online training opportunities are only available in Illinois.
• Illinois Child Care Training (Gateways) - Illinois Clock Hours, Prices vary - Find in-person and distance courses in the state of Illinois from Gateways to Opportunity.
• Illinois State Board of Education CACFP Training - Illinois Clock Hours, FREE! Check out these in-person courses on cooking and nutrition.
Online Training - Michigan ONLY
Note: These in-person and online training opportunities are only available in Michigan.
• Michigan Child Care Training - Michigan Clock Hours, Prices vary - Find in-person and distance courses in the state of Michigan from Great Start to Quality.
• Michigan Child Care Matters - Michigan Clock Hours, FREE - Michigan Child Care Matters shares topical information regarding young children who are cared for in licensed child care settings. Michigan child care providers can receive one clock hour for reading three issues and receiving at least 80% on the tests.
• MSU Extension Rest Time Refreshers - Michigan Clock Hours, $5.00 per webinar - Are you a caregiver looking for training hours but don't have time to go to evening courses? Join Michigan State University (MSU) Extension's Rest Time Refreshers or Evening Energizers for a quick hour of training during nap time or after pick-up!
Meet ACD's Registered Dietitian
Amanda Gallaher, MPH, RD - Michigan
I am very excited to work at ACD with staff and Providers to build healthy eating habits in young children. As part of my role, I provide nutrition training and education, which includes developing resources found online and in ACD's publications. I am eager to expand the nutrition and health resources available to providers.
I completed my Master of Public Health degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics and Dietetic Internship at the University of Michigan School of Public Health. I received my Bachelor's degree in Neuroscience from the University of Michigan. I am an active member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and Michigan Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, and I am a passionate advocate for programs that increase access to healthy food across Michigan and Illinois.
Questions About the CACFP Meal Pattern Changes?
Do you have questions or concerns regarding the CACFP Meal Pattern Changes? We are happy to help! Send us an email with your comments.
Questions About Nutrition?
Do you have a nutrition-related question, suggestion or feedback? Send us an email and one of ACD's Registered Dietitians would love to help you!