Resource Library

CACFP Reimbursement Rates for Child Care Homes

Child and Adult Care Food Program Federal Reimbursement Rates

Child Care Homes

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) sets the reimbursement rates and may adjust them by a small amount annually, on July 1st, according to changes in the cost-of-living.

There are two different rates at which providers may be reimbursed: Tier I rates or Tier II rates. The rate at which Providers are reimbursed is determined by geographic data, their household income, and/or the household income of the children in their care.

Providers are reimbursed for a maximum of two meals and one snack OR one meal and two snacks, per child, per day. These meals must meet USDA meal pattern requirements.

Effective July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022

Tier 1 

 Breakfast                     $1.40

Lunch / Dinner          $2.63

Snack                            $0.78

Tier 2

Breakfast                     $0.51

Lunch / Dinner           $1.59

Snack                           $0.21


This project is funded at least in part by USDA funds through the Michigan Department of Education and/or the Illinois State Board of Education. In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English. To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at: ling_cust.html, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by: (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or (3) email: This institution is an equal opportunity provider. (11/2015)

Download as PDF